Friday, July 20, 2007
BUFFALO MUSEUM OF SCIENCE HOSTS 3RD ANNUAL BUBBLEFEST
It’s back…it’s bigger…and it’s even more bubbly! It’s Bubblefest 2007 at the Buffalo Museum of Science (1020 Humboldt Pkwy., Buffalo, NY), Saturday, July 28, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Pop over for a family-fun day filled with bubble experiments, bubble walls, bubble sculptures, bubble technology and giant bubbles that are large enough to stand inside. Purchase a $1 Bubble Bracelet with museum membership or admission to access all bubble activity stations and performances.
“This third annual event is rich in bubble experiments, performances and demonstrations,” said Carroll Ann Simon, acting president and CEO. “Your whole family can spend the day experimenting with bubble shapes, colors and sizes, frozen bubbles, body bubbles and tasty candy bubbles.”
Other activities include:
- The all new glow-in-the-dark Tekno Bubble dance room·
- Live music by Susan Rozler’s Mama Earth’s Kitchen·
- Dynamic family entertainment by Dave Ruch·
- “Bubble Mania” performances by Doug Rougeux, a graduate of the Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Clown College·
- Balloon sculptures by nationally-renowned artist, Larry Moss·
- Weather Machine demonstrations with WNY meteorologist Andy Parker·
- Local youth robotics team demonstrations
“Bubblefest was conceived to bring out the child in each of us,” said Jayme Cellitioci, event coordinator and manager of the Elmwood Science Spot. “It’s wonderful to see families come together to learn and play with bubbles.”
Bubblefest is an indoor/outdoor, rain or shine event. Families may purchase lunch onsite. For more information, call (716) 896-5200, Ext. 391, or log onto www.buffalomuseumofscience.org.